Saturday, March 28, 2009

A couple of updates....

Ok, quite a few things have changed since my last post. I've been extremely busy so I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. I may have been a little too eager to start this blog, not knowing how/when I'm going to update this thing... but here we go...

Luke seems to be doing rather well. Shane was supposed to take him to the vet, however, Shane started a new job (finally!) and therefore Luke going to the vet was placed on hold for the time being. Like I said, he still has some issues with his breathing patterns, but all in all, he plays, he eats, he sleeps, and generally seems to be happy and not in any pain or uncomfortable. Jack is still a mess. He loves his brother so much. They are great dogs.

As far as my 2nd opinion goes, I couldn't have asked for better news. Dr H said that he thought that enough time had passed and that since I was generally feeling better that there was no reason why I couldn't start trying to get pregnant again. What a huge relief. He didn't disagree with my regular kidney specialist, but felt that he was being too conservative (anyone who knows me, know that I am not one to sit back and wait, I want results and I want results NOW!). At any rate, he ran additional labs and called my about a week after my appointment.....drum roll please.....the words he used to describe my results were "UNBELIEVABLY PERFECT" you can't get much better than that! What an awesome relief. So, what does that mean? Well Dr. H is writing a letter to my Reproductive Endocrinologist and once that is in her hands, then I am hopeful that I can restart my treatments in about a month! I'm so excited. Of course, the RE may decide I need more tests and that will be a discussion that I will have to have with her. I'm feeling great, my weight is still down and I am ready to get this treatment under way again.........

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Yeaaa Nikki! I hope all goes well at the Rep. Endo doc and she will start you back on your treatments!!! That is so fantastic!!! Don't give up... you are doing so great!!!

    ReplyDelete