Sunday, February 22, 2009

How did we end up in Atlanta,GA?

A very common question people from Oklahoma ask us. "How did you end up so far from home?" Well it was a sense of adventure and our jobs that lead us out of Oklahoma and into Bentonville, Arkansas or as I like to refer to it as "the seventh circle of hell". Shane started working for an irrigation supply company and I started working for The Hartford. I was the only Hartford employee amongst the land of Wal-Mart. My job was be the first line of communication for Wal-Mart Associates. It was great experience, but being in Arkansas was not fun. I wish now that we would have gone back to Oklahoma a little more often. It was only 3 hours from our House to Shane's parent's house. We lived there for almost 2 years when our break finally came to escape Arkansas. Our destination? Atlanta. Shane was being transferred and I was fortunate enough to transfer along with him.

We moved in September of 2002 to Atlanta. We moved ourselves, loaded the truck and unloaded it all by ourselves. It was fun and it was hard work. Poor Luke was in the U-Haul with Shane and I followed behind in Shane's truck. My car had to be towed behind the truck. It was a really long road trip.

So here we are, almost 7 years into our journey. We lost Shane's dad in 2004 and since then we've really have wanted to move home. But, we just can't up and move again. We need jobs, a place to live, money to move.....you know, the important things. We are constantly reviewing our options and hope that one of these days, we can say to our friends and selected family, that "we're coming back to Oklahoma and this time its for good!". With today's economy and job market, who knows when we'll get to move back to Oklahoma. Georgia has been fun and we've made some great friends out here, but I think we all know that Shane and I will be happiest back in Oklahoma.

Hopefully, I'll get to see some old friends this year as Shane and I are planning on buying OSU Football season tickets. We want to see OSU play GA in our house and come to the Halloween game against Texas. If we plan our trips right, we may be able to see at least 3 games this year. It just depends.

Oh well, just thought I'd catch everyone up on how we ended up here in Georgia....

Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. I sure wish I knew you were in Atlanta when I was there (Kennesaw) for a couple of months back in 2002! That sure would have been nice...my in-laws are relatives of the devil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It's a crazy small world!

    ReplyDelete